We’ve been toying with a mix of art and technology for some time. The idea was to create clean, authentic style for those who don’t just walk the path of life – they stomp it and leave footprints. That’s what led to Oakley Fuel Cell. The idea here is unflinching originality and a smooth look. It’s proof that when authenticity speaks for itself, it speaks with volume.
The two lenses are actually cut from a single shield of optically pure Plutonite® then placed in the frame to maintain the original, continuous contour. An innovation of High Definition Optics® (HDO®), Polaric Ellipsoid™ lens geometry extends clarity all the way to your peripheral view, exceeding ANSI Z87.1 optical standards. Impact protection meets ANSI Z87.1 basic standards while UV filtering is an unbeatable 100% for every single ray of UVA, UVB and UVC. The lens curvature and frame architecture improve side protection, and durable yet lightweight O Matter® frame material maximizes comfort with a perfect Three-Point Fit.
Think of our polarization as a glare kill switch that’s always on. Oakley HDPolarized lenses are an option for Fuel Cell, and they block 99% of those irritating rays that interfere with vision. If you weren’t born with perfect eyes, no sweat – Fuel Cell is available with Authentic Oakley True Digital™ prescription lenses and equipped with Oakley Dual-Peripheral Technology™. You’ll also see “Iridium®” in the list of optional lenses. It’s a permanent coating that tunes and balances light while reducing glare.
- Dual lens Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA/ UVB/ UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Available with Authentic Oakley True Digital™ prescription lenses and equipped with Oakley Dual-Peripheral Technology™
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal icon accents
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.