Lightweight, low-friction blocks with hi-load composite bearings carry wire halyards and control line cascades. Side load balls minimize friction from twisting or unfair leads on 304. 300s have thrust washers. Blocks open to allow passage of swaged wire. Cheek blocks come with fasteners.
- Sheave: Teflon impregnated Hardkote anodized aluminum
- Ball Bearings: Side-load carbon-black Delrin or thrust washers
- Sheave Size: 1" (25mm), 1-1/2" (38mm), 2" (51mm)
- Line Diameter: 1" sheave = 3/32"; 1-1/2" sheave = 1/8"; 2" sheave = 3/16"
- Shackle/Strap Type: Fixed shackle
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.