From the folks who invented ball bearing blocks, this line of blocks boasts an excellent strength-to-weight ratio. The plastic in their sideplates, sheaves and balls makes them 30% lighter, 60% stronger and generally less expensive than equivalent conventional blocks.
The tiny 29mm block is extremely strong. 29mm doubles and triples feature a U-lock to hold the swivel in the front or side position, or allow it to spin freely. Use the 29mm Carbos as mainsheet blocks on dinghies, or for low-friction applications on any size boat.
Use the 40mm blocks for jib and mainsheet systems on high-performance dinghies, and for high-load control lines on small keelboats. The 40mm blocks handle loads similar to Harken's 2.25" blocks.
The 57mm blocks have an enormous working range that makes them ideal for main and jib sheets, spinnaker halyards and control lines. This range handles loads similar to Harken's 3" standard blocks.
The 75mm Carbo Blocks are the only all-plastic blocks with a safe working load over 1,200lb. Because of their large-diameter sheaves and fitted ball races, they release easily under load and keep weight to a minimum. Perfect for mainsheet systems on racing boats and cruisers looking for better performance at a reasonable price. The 75mm single block weighs in at a remarkable 6.9oz. including the shackle, and the double and triple blocks aren't much more, giving an extremely high strength-to-weight ratio.
- Harken's most innovative blocks: Recipient of both the Dame Award and Sail Magazine's Freeman-Pittman Award for innovation
- 30% lighter, 60% stronger than equivalent conventional blocks
- Larger blocks have an enormous working range
- Smaller blocks are excellent for jib and mainsheet systems on high-performance dinghies and high-load control lines on small keelboats
- Sheave: Long-glass reinforced engineered nylon
- Ball Bearings: Engineered plastic in fitted ball races
- Sheave Size: 1-1/8" (29mm); 1-9/16" (40mm); 2-1/4" (57mm); 2-15/16" (75mm)
- Line Diameter: 5/16" (29mm); 3/8" (40mm); 7/16" (57mm); 9/16" (75mm)
- Cheek Material/Finish: Long-glass reinforced engineered nylon
- Shackle Strap Type: Stainless swivel shackle
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Attractive Design
- Easy To Use
- Quality Construction
- Small Boats
Comments about 40mm Carbo AirBlocks:
I use this block with Harken Little Swivel Cam Base/150 Cam-Matic. I needed to ream the hole in the block swivel for the base attachment pin. Other Harken blocks may have been more compatible.
Works like a charm!