Smoothly unfurl your headsail from the cockpit of your boat
Smoothly unfurl your headsail with safe, easy headsail handling from the cockpit of your boat. Designed for cruising sailors for strength, longevity and ease-of-use at a competitive price, this furler features the same quality materials as Harken's MKIV furling systems. A single-groove round foil withstands extreme reefing loads, letting you easily unfurl your headsail, furl and reef safely in a blow. The foils are easy to assemble with interlocking connectors (screws and adhesive included) built strong for years of torque-loading. The drum installs over your existing turnbuckle, adapting to a variety of rigging options. The Harken® toggle assembly accepts standard turnbuckles using swage, rod, Norseman or Sta-Lok terminals, or fits directly to a marine eye. A single stainless-steel clevis pin provides access to the turnbuckle for adjustment. Features free-rolling Torlon® ball bearings, and hardkote-anodized aluminum halyard swivels, line guard, torque tube and bearing races that are UV-stabilized and corrosion protected. Fits #6 luff tapes.
- Boat Size: Cruising boats 28'-36'
- Headstay Length: Standard 45'8" (13.92m); Max. 52'8" (16.05m)
- Headstay: Wire: 1/4", 9/32", 5/16"; Rod -8, -10
- Pin Diameter: 1/2", 5/8"
- Headstay Extrusion: Round foil
- Grooves: Single
- Drum Material: Hardkote-anodized aluminum; drum cap engineered from super-tough polymer resin
- Head Swivel Material: Hardkote-anodized aluminum
- Attachment Method: Swage, Rod, Norseman® or Sta-Lok® terminals required
- Ball Bearings: Torlon® in high-load areas
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.