The Armor Series waterproof iPhone 5 case is a rebirth of classic OtterBox protection. Watertight latches, O-ring seals, port covers and mesh coverings allow the Armor Series waterproof case for the iPhone 5 to be completely waterproof, tolerating submersions for 30 minutes in up to 6.6 feet of water.
Vents made of a non-permeable membrane and protective mesh layer allow sound to move through while keeping harmful elements out. The exterior of the case features advanced materials that protect the device from 10 foot drops. The high-strength reinforced plastic of the Armor Series case can withstand up to two tons of crushing force, while the built-in screen protector prevents scratches and damage to the glass display.
- Apple iPhone 5
- Over-molded bumpers on the inside and outside protect the corners and edges of the device from drops
- Metal latches lock the two halves of the case together completing the waterproof seal
- Interior silicone is custom fit to cushion the device and ensure reliable performance
- Precise openings allow for full functionality of the camera and flash with the case on
- High-strength reinforced plastic is designed for long term use and can withstand crushing force
- Built-in screen protector is bonded to the case, prevents scratches to the glass display and resists smudges and fingerprints
- Vent covers are made from a non-permeable membrane and mesh layer that allows sound to get out but nothing else gets in
Weight & Dimensions:
- Approximate weight without device: 3.91 oz.
- Dimensions: 5.51" x 2.97" x 0.7"
Environmental Protection: The Armor Series waterproof iPhone 5 case has been tested
to be underwater at 6.6 feet for 30 minutes, withstand a 10 foot drop, allow zero entry of
dust or debris and sustain 2 tons of crushing force. The Armor Series is not waterproof
when the charging port or headphone jack are in use.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.