The Internet Protocol Gateway (IPG100) lets you connect Maretron black boxes (MBB100’s), Maretron touch screens (DSM800’s), PC’s, Mac’s, tablets, or smartphones to an NMEA 2000 ® network so you can monitor and control your vessel using Maretron’s N2KView ® software. The conventional way of viewing NMEA 2000 ® information is with a display on the vessel that is directly connected to an NMEA 2000 ® network, but with the IPG100, you are not limited to direct connected displays. With the IPG100, you can use any device running N2KView ® software to monitor and control your vessel from onboard or ashore.
The IPG100 has an NMEA 2000 ® and an Ethernet data port for exchanging information between the onboard NMEA 2000 ® network and Internet Protocol (IP) enabled devices using conventional technology such as routers, switches, and wireless modems. In addition, the IPG100 includes a USB port used for connecting Maretron’s hardware license key. The hardware license key is used to enable remote devices running N2KView ® software. For example, if you purchase three N2KView ® license keys, you can run N2KView ® at the helm, another on a handheld device connected via Wi-Fi, and another at home on your PC or Mac with an Internet connection back to the vessel. The licenses are floating, so if you were to shut down N2KView ® running at home, you could fire up the third N2KView ® license on the vessel.
- NMEA 2000® Connector: DeviceNet Micro-C
- NMEA 2000® Isolation: Opto-Isolated
- USB Standard: USB 1.1
- USB Connector: USB Type A
- USB Supported Signals: D+, D-, +5V, GND
- USB Auxiliary Power: +5 Volts < 200 mA
- USB Baud Rate: Up to 12 Mb/S
- Ethernet Interface: 100 Mb/s
- Ethernet Connector: RJ-45
- NMEA 2000 Standard: Level A
- Maritime Navigation and Radiocommunication Equipment & Systems: IEC 61162-3
- Maritime Navigation and Radiocommunication Equipment & Systems: IEC 60945
- FCC and CE Mark: Electromagnetic Compatibility
- 9-12 Volts
- Power consumption: <150mA
- Load Equivalence Number (LEN): 3
- Reverse Battery Protection: Yes
- Load Dump Protection: Yes
- Size: 5.000" x 4.500" x 2.375" (127mm x 114mm x 60 mm)
- Weight: 12 oz. (340g)
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.