How to sail faster than your competitors? How to round the mark first and find a breeze to keep you ahead? On salt water and fresh all around America, sailors are planning strategies to overcome the limits of their waterlines and finesse the right of way to tack ahead of the competition. Andrew Sims captures the excitement of competitive sailing around the world and brings great races together in Sailing to the Mark.
Featured Boats and Races
- Star Class at 2012 Olympic Classes Regatta, Miami
- Meanie, Southern Cross 52 at 2012 Rolex Big Boat Series, San Francisco
- Men’s Sailboards at 2011 Olympic Classes Regatta, Miami
- Prada and Atemis Racing at America’s Cup World Series, Newport
- Yacht Zest at 2012 Newport to Bermuda Race
- SL33 BridgeRunner at 2012 Big Boat Series
- Goombay Smash at 2012 Melges 32 Worlds, Newport
- Juju, J105, at 2012 Rolex Big Boat Series, San Francisco
- Celeritas, Swan 42, at New York Yacht Club Annual Regatta
- Yacht Velsheda at 2011 J-Class Newport Match Race
- Samba Pa Ti at 2012 Melges 32 Worlds, Newport
- Shockwave, TP 72 at 2012 Key West Race Week
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.