Engineered for simplicity, Evolution autopilots eliminate the need for complicated set up and calibration. Thanks to the intelligent EV sensor core, the autopilot automatically evolves and adapts to your vessel’s steering characteristics without any user adjustments. The result is precise and confident course keeping, regardless of vessel speed or sea conditions.
At the center of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing. Pair the EV-1 sensor with a rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) to drive hydraulic, linear, mechanical or solenoid steering systems. Alternatively, forego the ACU and select the EV-2 sensor for easy integration into drive-by-wire steering system.
Complete your Evolution autopilot system with a p70 or p70R autopilot control. The p70/p70R control heads feature vibrant full color displays and are powered by Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface. In addition to nine pre-programmed fishing patterns and power steer mode, the p70/p70R control heads also feature wind vane and auto-tack modes.
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Flexible installation options. Waterproof housing allows for installation above or below deck.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
- Simple SeaTalkNG connectivity.
The Raymarine EV-DBW p70R Pilot Pack is the ultimate autopilot for vessels utilizing drive-by-wire steering systems. The EV-2 sensor core is designed to integrate seamlessly with the DBW systems, as well as Raymarine multifunction displays, to provide spot-on course keeping and route tracking. Since steering is handled by the vessels integrated systems, no additional Actuator Control or drive units are needed. With only the EV-2 sensor core and p70R Control Head, this is a true plug-and-play autopilot.
Suitable for vessels steered via drive-by-wire systems, including ZF Pod Drives, Volvo IPS and Teleflex Optimus
This pack includes:
- E22167 P70R Control Head
- E70097 EV-2 Sensor Core
- R70160 Evolution Cable Kit
- R70192 Evolution EV-2 Cable Kit
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.