At the center of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing. Pair the EV-1 sensor with a rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) to drive hydraulic, linear, mechanical or solenoid steering systems. Alternatively, forego the ACU and select the EV-2 sensor for easy integration into drive-by-wire steering system.
Complete your Evolution autopilot system with a p70 or p70R autopilot control. The p70/p70R control heads feature vibrant full color displays and are powered by Raymarine’s intuitive LightHouse user interface. In addition to nine pre-programmed fishing patterns and power steer mode, the p70/p70R control heads also feature wind vane and auto-tack modes.
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Flexible installation options. Waterproof housing allows for installation above or below deck.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
- Simple SeaTalkNG connectivity.
The Raymarine EV-100 p70 Wheel Pilot Pack comprises a fully enclosed wheel-drive that fits most types of wheels and provides superb autopilot performance for small to medium sized sailboats. Quick and easy installation makes it the ideal autopilot for do-it-yourselfers.
Suitable for mechanically steered vessels that weigh less than 16,000lbs. (7,500kg)
This pack includes:
- E22166 P70 Control Head
- E70096 EV-1 Sensor Core
- R70160 Evolution Cable Kit
- E70098 ACU-100
- E12093 Wheel Drive
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.