If you can plug in a cord you can use a Sherpa 50 Recharger. There are three ways to recharge the Sherpa 50.
- Recharge from the wall - takes about 3 hours.
- Recharge from your car using 12V port. - takes about 3 hours
- Plug it into a solar panel and place in the sun - takes about 5 hours.
An ultra-portable power supply to keep laptops and tablets charged up anywhere you go. The Sherpa 50 Solar Recharger is easy to pack and light to carry so your gear now goes the same distance you do and quickly recharges from wall, car or sun.
- Keep a screen brighter, longer
- Extend the life of a laptop by 2 or more hours
- Easy to pack
- Weighs less than a bottle of water
- Refuel anywhere, anytime
- Solar charge Sherpa 50 in 6 hours
- Charge every 3-4 months to maintain battery life.
- For up to 1-year storage, discharge to 50%, remove fuse, store in cool temperature.
- Charges from the following: Approx. Charge Time:
AC Wall Charger 3 hours
12V Car Charger 3-4 hours
GOAL ZERO Nomad 13 6-12 hours
- Charging Port (8.0mm, blue, circle) 15-25V (30W max)
- USB Standard Port 5V, 0-1.5A (7W max), regulated
- 12V port (6.0mm, green, hexagon) 12V, 0-6A (75W max), regulated
- Sidecar port (9mm, side) 9-13V, 0-10A (75W max), not regulated,
Use with Sherpa inverter or for chaining.
- Laptop port (7.4mm, orange, square) 19V, 0-5A (75W max) regulated
- AC Inverter (sold separately) 110VAC (75W max) modified-sine wave
- Battery Type Lithium-ion (NMC)
- Battery Capacity 50Wh+ (2x3x3.6V, 2.6Ah cells)
- Battery Voltage Range 9-13V
- BMS Built-in charge controller, and cell output protection
- Life-span hundreds of cycles
- Fuses 10A, standard car fuse
- Chainable yes, with other Sherpa V2
- Weight 1.1 lbs
- Dimensions 4.5 x 1.5 x 5 in (11.4 x 3.8 x 12.7 cm)
- Warranty 12 Months
- Certifications FCC and CE
- Optimal Operating Temp. 32-104 F (0-40 C)
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.