|Fat 1-1/4" diameter extension allows you to use a light grip for great feel and so your hand doesn't get fatigued. Extremely light carbon fiber, with textured surface. Speed-Lock swivel fitting has no play and is easy to remove. 48" length is great both for the Laser and U20 sportboat.|
Exceptional holding power in a super lightweight block
The Series 60 is a good choice for Lasers and mainsheets on dinghies, Series 75 is sized for mainsheets on larger, powerful dinghies, skiffs and sportboats of all sizes, or for asymmetrical spinnaker sheets. Machined cheeks and sheave. Versatile on/off ratchet switch can be fitted to either side of the sheave for port/starboard applications. Switch can be operated under load. Twin Delrin® ball races. Black anodized, 5mm shackle and 3-way headpost design.
- Ratchet: Patented extruded hole design provides up to 14 to 1 holding power
- Sheave: Grooved anodized aluminum with lightening holes
- Sheave Size: 2-3/8" (60mm) and 3" (75mm)
- Line Dia.: 3/8" for 60mm block or 1/2" for 75mm block (10 to 12mm) max
- Cheek Material/Finish: Black anodized aluminum
- Shackle/Strap Type: Swivel shackle
- On-Off switch on both sides of block, so it can be used on port of starboard sides, and can be operated under load
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Install
- Easy To Use
- Flimsy Construction
- Poor Design
- Small Boats
Comments about Giant Stick Tiller Extensions:
Used this stick on a J/22 for about 2 years. This is very lightweight and has a good feel. I wrapped it with a tennis racket overgrip to give it a soft touch. Diameter size is really good. Problem is it is thin wall carbon which is fragile. If you chip it by dropping it you'll have to wrap rigging tape around it to keep down the splintering, then it is weaker at that point and the stick will fail like a paper towel core. I loved the stick until it failed one day. Wish it was more durable.