The Explorer 285′s™ light-weight design makes beach and boat diving easier than ever. One of the lightest Brownie’s units produced, the 285 utilizes direct drive technology with a 4-cycle OHV Robins Subaru gasoline engine, and provides more than three hours of runtime on a single gallon of fuel.
Maximum depth range for this unit with two divers ranges between 70 and 80 feet depending on diver exertion and breathing rate. On land, carrying the unit is easier than moving a single scuba tank and BC.
With its hard cover Travel Case, the F285X is easy to store and easier to transport than regular scuba gear, making the Explorer F285X™ the perfect system for exotic dive vacations.
More than just a tow belt! More than just a weight belt! Our patented Drop Weight Cummerbelt™ is included in the F285X diving systems and can change the way you dive.
It’s instantly adjustable for waist sizes from 24 to 54 inches, so it can fit everyone in the family. It is fully padded, depth compensating and contoured to fit your waist so you won’t get the “gravity twist” like common weight belts. It has 2 pockets – each capable of holding up to 10 lbs. of lead block or shot pouches.
The F285X features:
- Motor: 4.5 HP Robins Subaru sealed DC motor with sealed switch
- Compressor: Single Head Direct Drive Oilless
- Run time: 3+ hours per tank of gas
- Weight: 44 pounds – compressor in storage case
- Unit in storage case dimensions: 17″L x 24″W x 14″H (storage case)
- Motor / compressor assembly mounted in HDPE impact resistant storage case with cover
- 7 ft heat hose with easy to clean in-line particle filter
- Intake staff w/dry top and Dive flag
- Float tube with a durable protective nylon cover
- (1) 60 ft down line with QRS fittings
- (1) QRS Y-Divider
- (2) 20ft diver hoses with QRS fittings
- (2) Brownie’s™ patented Drop Weight Cummerbelts™
- (2) Brownie’s™ hookah regulators
- (1) deluxe mesh duffle gear bag
- (1) Filter and O-ring kit
- (2) On-line Hookah Training courses
- Owner’s Manual
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.