This design invokes all the antenna engineers' tricks to produce the clearest possible transmission and reception over the longest range. 9 dB is substantial signal gain. This is the longest range Galaxy we sell. Phased 1/2 wave elements in a collinear array with a band-spread matching sleeve and a choking stub to suppress cable radiation. Sturdy urethane finish. Antenna mount not included.
- Application: VHF - longest range
- Gain: 9 dB
- Length: 23' (two sections- base 172", tip 105")
- Material: Fiberglass
- Elements: Brass and copper
- Base Type: Stainless steel ferrule with standard 1"-14 thread
- Lead: 20' RG-8X coax with PL-259 connector (supplied but not installed)
- Warranty: Five years
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.