The 701 Contour Battery Master Switch offers a number of unique features. The highlights being the patented contour lock system, allowing it to be a stand alone unit, or locked together with other switches. The 701 also features a control knob which cannot be removed whilst in the ON or OFF position, however, can be removed by switching to an anti-clockwise 45° position. The control knob also features an interchangeable labelling system allowing a full range of applications. The 701 also features removable side plates on 4 sides for access of up to 1/0 cables plus a rear cover insulating the rear terminals against any short circuits. This ensures the switch meets ABYC requirements. The 701 can be either surface or recess mounted.
- Continuous Rating: 275 Amps DC
- Intermittent Rating: 455 Amps DC
- Cranking Rating: 1250 Amps DC
- Voltage Rating: 48 Volts DC
- Operation: On/Off
- Mounting: Recessed or surface
- Ignition protected
- Termination Stud Size: 2 x 10 mm (3/8")
- Dimensions: 69 x 69 x 75h mm (2.75" x 2.75" x 3")
- Tin-plated copper studs and nuts
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.