The new 33STV from Raymarine makes the dream of underway satellite TV reception available to small boats everywhere. A high performance 33cm (13 in.) satellite dish is contained in a compact and stylish radome measures only 14” in diameter and 15” tall. The antenna weighs less than 10 pounds making it suitable for both powerboats and sail boats as small as 20 feet in length. 33STV comes standard with our new Multi-satellite Interface Module (MIM) for DirecTV built in to the Antenna Control Unit.
The DirecTV MIM conveniently switches your antenna system across 3 broadcast satellites automatically, providing uninterrupted channel surfing just like a home satellite TV system. The 33STV’s included antenna control unit can connect with up to 6 on board satellite receivers using USB connections. The 33STV also features a convenient NMEA0183 GPS interface, which further enhances the speed and performance of the system.
High Definition (HD) vs. Standard Definition (SD) Programming on Raymarine Systems
Raymarine Satellite TV antenna systems recieve Ku-Band satellite broadcasts from the TV provider of your choice. Depending on the provider you choose you can receive standard definition (SD) programming, high definition (HD) programming, or a mixture of both.
Dish Network broadcasts both HD and SD programming in the Ku-Band. Raymarine satellite TV antenna systems are capable of receiving both HD and SD content from Dish Network.
DirecTV broadcasts SD programming in the Ku-Band. DirecTV broadcasts HD programming in the Ka-Band. Raymarine satellite TV antenna systems can receive SD programming only from DirecTV. Raymarine satellite TV systems can not receive Ka-Band satellite broadcasts.
- Antenna Dish Size 33cm(13”)
- Minimum EIRP - 51 dBw (US Nationwide Coverage)
- Ku-Band, Circular Polarization US / Linear Polarization EU
- Light Weight - less than 10 pounds(4.5Kg)
- Channel Surf without Delay- Fast Tracking
- Built-in DirecTV satellite switch (MIM)
- Up to 6 receivers directly connected (DirecTV SD Only)
- Wide Power Supply Range: DC 9V~ 31V
- Easy & Simple Installation
- NMEA 0183 GPS Interface
- FCC/CE Approved
- CE - conforms to Yes
- FCC- verified to Yes
- Satellite antenna unit 37 cm(14.6”) dia x 27 cm(15”) high
- Antenna dish diameter 33cm (13”)
- Antenna control unit 17.8 cm x 5.4 cm x 21.7 cm (7.0” x 2.1” x 8.5”)
- Satellite antenna unit 4.5 kg (9.5 lbs)
- Antenna control unit 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs)
- Operating temperature range -15°C to + 55°C (-5°F to 130°F)
- Storage temperature range -25°C to +70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
- Operating voltage 9.0 - 30.0 V DC
- Power consumption Typical 30 W, Maximum 50 W
Antenna system performance
- Frequency Ku-band (10.7 to 12.75 GHz)
- Minimum EIRP 51 dBW
- Azimuth range 680°
- Elevation range +10o ~ +80o
- Roll and pitch range Roll ± 25°, Pitch ± 15°
- Roll and pitch tracking 60° per second
- Roll and pitch rate 60° per second
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.