Oakley made Straight Jacket® sunglasses for those who understand that style is something you define yourself - it’s not the world’s idea of how you should look. If you need the world’s opinion, Straight Jacket® isn’t meant for you. The first design was created more than a decade ago, and it blended the art of Oakley with the science of precision optics. This latest edition combines aggressive styling with the best technologies ever to dominate light rays.
We optimized the lenses with a permanent coating called Oakley Hydrophobic™ that maintains a smudge-resistant barrier against skin oils, sunscreens and lotions, even repels dust and dirt. That’s in addition to repelling water and preventing wet sheens from corrupting your point of view. You also get the unbeatable clarity of High Definition Optics® (HDO®) including patented technologies like XYZ Optics® for crystal clear vision along the entire lens contour. The optics are so sharp, they exceed ANSI Z87.1 standards.
Protection meets ANSI Z87.1 standards for both high-velocity and high-mass impact, and the pure Plutonite® lenses filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. The durable, lightweight O Matter® frame utilizes soft Unobtainium® components to increase grip with perspiration. It’s all part of a Three-Point Fit that holds the lenses in precise optical alignment and offers all-day comfort.
Straight Jacket® is available with a range of options including Iridium® lens coatings that balance light and reduce glare, lenses Activated By Transitions® to darken in response to light, and even the best polarized lenses on the planet. The frame can be fitted with Oakley prescription lenses.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfort and Performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet ANSI Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Includes Oakley®s proprietary smudge proof hydrophobic coating which resists water, oils perspiration and dust
- Patented hydrophilic Unobtanium® earsocks and nosepads ensure a snug, secure fit, and increase grip with perspiration
- Metal icon accents
- Designed for medium Faces
- Glare reduction and tuned light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (optional)
- Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet
- Available with Oakley prescription lenses (+2.00 through -4.00 combined power)
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.