Adjust the ratchet to optimize your performance!
40mm Smart-ratchet blocks are ideal for spinnaker, mainsheet and jibsheet applications on dinghies and off-the-beach catamarans, or for control lines on larger boats. The unique adjustment system allows you to precisely set the load at which the ratchet automatically engages and disengages to help you optimize performance. A higher setting keeps the ratchet off for light air sailing or until the sheet load increases. You can compensate for line angles, so the ratchet engages according to the sheet load in your hand, not just on the block.
- Sheave: Precision-machined 6061-T6 alloy
- Bearings: High-compression–strength Carbon Black Acetal
- Sheave Size: 1-9/16" (40mm)
- Line Diameter: 5/16" max.
- Cheek Material/Finish: Fiber-reinforced and UV-stabilized nylon
- Shackle/Strap Type: Adjustment-setting load-sensing swivel; grade 316 stainless-steel straps and head fittings
- Ratchet: Up to 14:1 holding power
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.