High load rating and versatility make Ronstan Series 75 ratchet blocks a great choice
Ronstan's Series 75 ratchet blocks provide exceptional holding power in a strong, lightweight block. Sized for mainsheet applications on powerful dinghies and sport boats, they combine with the RF8 mainsheet swivel base. Great also for sport boat spinnaker sheets or vang, furler and other control line uses on larger boats. An On/Off switch is fitted to both sides of the block, so it can be used for either port or starboard orientation, or one side's switch can be removed if desired. The switch mechanism is unique, because it can be operated under load to engage or disable the ratchet mechanism. New low-profile pivoting lead blocks maintain alignment and keep lines as close to the deck as possible. All of the configurations can be disassembled for servicing or customization.
- Sheave: Extruded aluminum with patented hole design for enhanced line holding
- Ball Bearings: Carbon black acetal ball bearings
- Sheave Size: 3" (75mm)
- Line Dia: 1/2" (12mm)
- Cheek Material/Finish: Anodized aluminum cheek plates
- Shackle/Strap Type: Swivel head post is lockable at 0 and 90 ° with Allen screw
- Ratchet: Up to 14:1 holding power
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.