The ultimate, next-generation, high-performance blocks incorporate unique innovations including radically new bearing systems, super light, all-composite materials, innovative new head fittings and a sleek design for the highest strength to weight ratio available. The precision design provides the optimum number of ball bearings in critically loaded areas, eliminates them in inactive areas and reduces ineffective mass, creating the "2-stage" bearing system for durability and low friction performance. The flexible Dyneema® rope link is a product of the latest trends in grand prix ocean racing and provides a more flexible, lighter weight and lower profile solution than traditional shackles. It can be set at a 0 or 90 degree orientation, provides stress-free articulation without allowing the block to over-rotate, and is locked in place with a security clip that doesn’t require tools to fit. The Dyneema link is also more compatible with carbon, Dyneema and webbing connection points than steel loop tops or shackles.
- Sheave: Carbon-fiber reinforced, PTFE-impregnated engineered nylon
- Bearings: High-compression-strength Carbon Black Acetal; Stage 2 Bearing: Glass fiber-reinforced, MoS2-impregnated engineered nylon
- Sheave Size: 2-5/32" (55mm)
- Line Diameter: 3/8" (10mm) max.
- Cheek Material/Finish: Toughened glass fiber-reinforced nylon
- Shackle/Strap Type: UV-stabilized, multi-strand Dyneema rope link
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.