Patented all-polyester braid with parallel core construction and a filament/spun cover for improved handling and greater abrasion resistance. One-third less stretch than Sta-Set at only a small price premium. In many applications, Sta-Set X can be used in lieu of expensive racing braids, especially when sized conservatively. Soft cover improves grip in the hand and on a winch. Identified by two fine red tracers in the cover forming the characteristic “"X".” Sold per foot.
- Best Use: Cruising boat halyards, spinnaker sheets, guys
- Construction: Parallel Core Braid
- Cover Fiber/Construction: Smooth braided polyester
- Core Fiber/Construction: Unidirectional Polyester
- Stretch: 1.6% at 15% of breaking strength
- Not Recommended: Applications needing high flexibility
- Color: Red Tracer
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.