Great for lightweight spinnaker sheets
Lightweight, nonabsorbent polypropylene cover and 100% Dyneema core makes this line an excellent choice for light-air spinnaker sheets on larger one-design vessels. The strong, flexible, low-stretch line has a braided core and is easily tapered. It’s soft on the hands and gets even softer with use, making it a great choice for performance dinghy mainsheets. Super-lightweight line stays dry and light even when wet. Cover Fiber/Construction: Braided polypropylene. Core Fiber/Construction: 100% braided Dyneema. Not Recommended: Halyards, runner tails, applications with winches. Stretch: 1.85% at 20% of breaking strength.
- Sold by the foot
- Best Use: Light-air spinnaker sheets, control lines and topping lifts on larger one-design classes; mainsheets for performance dinghies
- Construction: Double braid
- Cover Fiber/Construction: Braided polypropylene
- Core Fiber/Construction: 100% braided Dyneema
- Not Recommended: Halyards, runner tails, applications with winches
- Stretch: 1.1% @ 30% of breaking strength
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.