Super-strong prestretch doublebraid is made from a high-tenacity tension-set polyester with an 8-strand "nubby" cover and a continuous filament parallel core. This results in a low-stretch, durable line that is flexible, kind to the hands and easy to knot. Excellent for all-purpose control lines on dinghies and small catamarans. It's the highest-strength small diameter line at an affordable price.
- Best Use: Dinghy control lines
- Construction: Double braid with parallel core
- Cover Fiber/Construction: Polyester braid
- Core Fiber/Construction: Polyester, continuous filament parallel core
- Stretch: 1.8% at 15% of breaking strength
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.