The HelmsMate is designed with a lock-button mechanism that allows you to extend the handle from 36"-53", so you can sit forward of the motor for better balance, without having to lean back and suffer any loss of control.
- Handle has a hole for easy access to the kill switch at the end of the throttle
- Constructed of lightweight, corrosion-free aluminum
- Swivel version features a metal swivel joint that rotates 360° and bends to a 90° angle
- Swivel model also features a lockout sleeve that slides over the U-joint to convert it back to a conventional straight handle
- The handle is easy to attach with a quick-disconnect thumbscrew
- For all outboard motors to 15hp
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Weather Resistant
- Small Boats
Comments about Extension Handles:
the swiver feature of the extension handle is very convenient, but the loud noise caused by the metal buttons that vibrate is such an annoyance that I have tried everything to stop it, sprayed with silicone, etc. I finally taped the thing down and I can only use it without the swivel feature, but it is better than the noise. perhaps they ought to replace the nubs with a rubber compound so that the rattling is not more noise than my small 5 hp motor. It is truly irritating!