The best-selling watermaker for cruising sailboats. Small and quiet, it can be mounted almost anywheresimply tee into any existing seawater source such as engine intake, galley, etc. Its compact, simple design and stainless steel construction ensures reliability and low maintenance. In an emergency, the 40E can be operated manually (handle included). Weighs 25lb.
- Dimensions (cm): 17.2 x 41.9 x 39.4
- Dimensions (in): 6.8 x 16.5 x 15.5
- NATO #: 4610014658018
- Output (gal): 1.50 gal/h (± 15%)
- Output (L): 5.70 l/h (± 15%)
- Power requirements: 12-volts DC/4 amps
- Salt rejection (average): 98.4% (min. 96%)
- Technology: Reverse Osmosis
- Weight (grams): 11.3 kg
- Weight (oz): 25 lbs
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.