The HS 2774-1 is a highly sophisticated antenna with performance maximized from 136 to 174 MHz. It will handle continuous duty at maximum input power. The self-supporting antenna is designed for military, commercial, law enforcement, and disaster preparedness. No tuning or ground plane required.
- Hand soldered brass elements for maximum range and efficiency
- Stainless steel ferrules, standard 1in-14 threads
- Includes 20 feet of RG-8/X low-loss cable plus a PL-259 connector
- Suggested mount: Use only Shakespeare Style 4187-HD (sold separately) for self-supporting applications. Use a Style 410-R if an upper support bracket installation is preferred.
- Covers: 136-174 MHz
- Gain on the horizon:
@ 136 MHz +3.3dBi;
@ 154 MHz +4dBi
@ 174 MHz +4.3dBi
- One section
- Shakespeare’s unique design is protected by U.S. Patent # 5.982,332
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.