Wood Finish Gloss and Matte varnishes are formulated for maximum adhesion to tropical hardwoods like teak. Both products feature a three-day window for recoating without sanding for adhesion. Gloss may be used as a stand-alone finish or top coated with Epifanes Clear High Gloss Varnish for maximum UV protection. Wood Finish Matte offers a beautiful satin sheen in an exterior coating applied on top of gloss.
- Recommended Usage: Exterior and interior, above water
- Formulation: Synthetic wood finish
- Application Method(s): Brush, roller or spray
- Number of Coats Recommended: Previously finished: 1 or 2 coats; Bare wood: 7 or more coats
- Drying Time: To touch: 3 hrs., overcoat: 24 hrs. @ 65°F 65%RH
- Color: Dries clear Amber
- Coverage: 150 sq.ft./liter
- Thinner: Brush: Model 103731
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Repels water
- Wood surfaces
Comments about Gloss and Matte Wood Finishes:
We build a line of custom exterior doors for very demanding customers. Over the years, we have used a dozen types of finishes. This is by far the longest lasting and easiest to apply we have found. With yearly maintance, we never have to strip and refinish. Love it!
Quick and easy Application Good Luster A bit milky in appearance in the can. Not as clear as varnish.