This is a prize-winning, comprehensive weather monitor, which gives full environmental data specific to your location and includes a 48-hour history for every function, hour-by-hour and in a bar graph. The USA fluxgate compass reads when held vertically, gives wind direction in degrees and compass points; it calculates crosswind & head/tail wind. The compass can be calibrated for variation/declination and deviation. In addition to wind speed/direction, temperature, barometric pressure, altitude, and humidity, the unit includes wind chill, Wet Bulb, Dew Point, Delta T & Density Altitude. WindMate 350 gives an accurate weather forecast and an audio storm alarm alerts you to weather changes, even if the unit is off.
The instrument has Speedtech’s exclusive Accuweather.com, patented Comfort Index, which is the effect of temperature, relative humidity, wind speed & sun intensity on the human body. The formula can be adjusted based on sun intensity and is superior to Heat Index. The case is water resistant, shockproof, & the jackknife design allows for the most accurate measurements, as your hands heat and moisture do not interfere with any sensors. WM-350 can be tripod-mounted and accommodates the Model SM-WT wind tunnel accessory for very precise measurements. All WindMates meet NIST calibration standards and wind speed accuracy tested better than +/– 3%.
Which Windmeter do I choose? Compare Speedtech’s line of Windmeters here.
- Time, Date
- 48-Hour history for all functions
- Swiss-made impeller components—current, average and maximum wind speed
- USA-made fluxgate compass—use as bearing compass
- Digital wind direction—crosswind, head/tail wind calculations
- Lifetime calibrated Swiss-made Humidity sensor
- Temperature/Wind chill/Wet Bulb/Dew point/Delta T
- Swiss-made barometer sensor—weather forecast, audio storm alarm
- Altimeter to 29,000ft., density altitude
- Exclusive Accuweather.com®-patented Comfort Index
- Auto-shutoff can be disabled
- Threaded for tripod mounting—EL backlight, water/shock-resistant
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.