Quickly & Conveniently Measure Any Surface Temperature... Did you know that most water temperature meters take up to 1 minute to give you an accurate reading? How are you going to pinpoint the optimal temperature habitat for your prey with a 1 minute delay?
The NorCross® Infrared Marine Thermometer SP delivers touch free, wireless temperature readings of any surface with one-handed operation. Use it to take water temperature readings while racing to the fishing grounds; no matter how fast you're running.
Instantly measure powerhead, riser, block temperatures or pinpoint water circulation problems. Check the bearing and brake temperatures of your trailer and avoid the unwanted hassles of improper lubrication or failed seals. Take it with you no matter where you go and don't worry, it's made marine tough and water resistant.
To Use: Just aim at the target with the integrated laser pointer and press the measure button. Temperature readings will appear within a ½ second and will continue to update 4 times per second until the button is released.
- Large LCD screen shows readings in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- Measures temperatures from 0 to 400°F (-20 to 200°C)
- Infrared technology measures temperatures without touching surface
- 5:1 infrared spread ratio (measures the temperature of a 1-inch area every 5 inches that you hold the thermometer from the target)
- MAX/MIN temperature memory
- Accuracy : (-4 to 14°F) ± 4°F, (14 to 122 °F) ± 2°F, (122 to 392°F) ± 4°F
- Half second response time
- Operating environment 32 to 120°F (0 to 50°C)
- Powered by 12V Alkaline battery (included)
- Sure-Grip anti-slip housing
- Waterproof to USCG IPX4 Standard (water splashing)
- SoftGlow backlit display produces low intensity, low temperature lighting which prevents eye strain and condensation, while providing unparalleled nighttime viewing
- 2 Year Warranty
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.