The easy-to-use Dakota 20 is a palm-sized high-sensitivity GPS navigator, and it keeps track of where you are on a rugged 2.6" bright, sunlight-readable touchscreen display. Compact and waterproof, Dakota features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with Hotfix™ that acquires your position quickly and maintains its precise GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Dakota comes preloaded with a worldwide basemap, plus has 850 MB of free internal memory for map transfers. The Dakota 20 adds a three-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass that shows your heading even when the unit is not held flat, barometric altimeter that will provide you with precise elevation readings, microSD™ card slot and wireless unit-to-unit connectivity for sharing your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with compatible Dakota, Oregon,® Colorado® and Foretrex® devices.
- Display Type: Transflective color TFT touchscreen
- Screen Size: 2.6" diagonal
- Screen Resolution: 160 x 240
- Data Input: microSD™ card slot, USB interface
- Cartography: Built-in worldwide basemap
- Receiver Type: High-sensitivity GPS with HotFix™
- Battery Type: 2 AA (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Up to 20 hours
- Dimensions: 2.2"W x 3.9"H x 1.3"D
- Weight: 6.75oz.
- Waterproof: Waterproof IPX7
- Interface Inputs/Outputs: USB; microSD™ card slot
- Included Equipment: Dakota navigator, lanyard, USB cable, Owner's Manual on disk, Quick Start manual
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.