Get enhanced detail on your GPS, whether you're on a 4WD track in the outback or a main boulevard in the city. TOPO Australia provides a wide array of topographic information from terrain contours, elevations and summits to coverage of perennial and intermittent lakes, rivers and streams. It features a searchable database that includes urban, rural and outback points of interest and also has routable road content to give you turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
- Includes topographic and street maps for Australia.
- Terrain contours at 20 meter intervals approximating 1:100K maps.
- Contains tracks, outback trails, 4WD destinations, perennial and seasonal lakes, rivers and streams.
- Terrain contours, summit points and topographic elevations give a detailed lay of the land.
- Searchable points of interest in urban, rural and outback areas; including lodging, restaurants, camping locations, caravan parks, shopping and more.
- Routable road content and POIs provided by HEMA and NAVTEQ. Also includes famous outback routes such as Birdsville, Strezelecki, Oodnadatta, Canning Stock and more.
- Coverage of national, state and local parks.
- Provides elevation profile on compatible Garmin devices so you can estimate terrain difficulty.
- BaseCamp software, included on the DVD (coming soon), allows you to view and manage waypoints, routes and tracks on your computer and GPS, as well as organize trip data into folders. This application includes useful planning tools, rotated map orientation, 2-D and 3-D map views, animated playback, geotagging of photos, enhanced printing and more.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.