Get a fresh perspective when you take to the water with a BlueChart® g2 Vision® card. By adding a BlueChart g2 Vision card to your compatible chartplotter, you'll have access to detailed mapping capabilities which include standardized depth contours, smooth data transition between zoom levels, harmonious transition across chart borders, and reduction of chart discontinuities. BlueChart g2 Vision also includes premium features, such as true 3D-view perspective above and below the waterline, Auto Guidance, high-resolution imagery, and "real picture" aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest. It's the most realistic mapping display Garmin has ever offered.
BlueChart g2 Vision microSD/SD cards enhance the preloaded maps on your chartplotter and add a whole new dimension of exceptional features such as:
- High-resolution satellite imagery, when overlaid on the chart, provides the mariner with a realistic view of the land and water for unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye View perspective provides a bird's eye view from behind the boat showing the chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye View 3D perspective provides an underwater view that visually represents the sea floor according to the chart's information
- Auto Guidance technology searches chart data to suggest the best passage to a destination.ï¿½ Includes tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest
microSD compatible products:
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Read
- Easy To Set Up
- Small Boats
Comments about VUS038R, NY to Chesepeake, BlueChart g2 Vision, MicSD/SD:
I use the Garmin 421 for navigation through channels since there are many shallow spots in the Chesapeake Bay.Alot of detail is added to the charts with the g2 vision card.
Service and delivery comments:
I bought the Garmin g2 vision card for my model 421 from the West Marine in Havre de Grace MD.The salesperson there was very helful and showed me the basics of how to use the card.The model 421 comes with a basemap but this card adds so much more detail for the area that I'm in. It shows water depths, channels, buoys and much more.
- Primary use: