We’'ve taken the popular Lifesling2 and upgraded it for use on larger recreational and commercial
vessels. The flotation collar has 21lb. of buoyancy and can be towed to an overboard crewmember
rather than the crewmember having to swim to it. It also can be used as a lifting sling if your
crewmember needs help out of the water. Added features include a longer 150' retrieval line, for
larger boats, stainless D-rings which helps facilitate lifting the victim out of the water, 2"W SOLAS
reflecting tape for increased visibility at night, and a rugged, UV-resistant, fiberglass case, which
includes graphics illustrating the instructions for recovering a person in the water. USCG approved
for both recreational and commercial vessels and meets ISAF specifications.
- USCG Type: Type V which substitutes for a Type IV
- Configuration: Horseshoe buoy, flotation collar
- Buoyancy: 21lb.
- Material: UL-approved foam, line, webbing
- Dimensions: Case: 24"H x 15-3/4"W
- Color: White storage container, Yellow Lifesling
- Mounting/Storage Provisions: Can be rail mounted or bulkhead mounted
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.