VC Performance Epoxy is a two-part Teflon® bearing epoxy that has a hard, slick finish ideal for use on the underwater surfaces of high performance powerboats and racing sailboats. Teflon® adds lubricity and eases wet sanding and burnishing.
VC Performance Epoxy's hard, stain-resistant finish is also ideal for rack-stored and trailered boats or boats that are kept in the water not requiring antifouling protection. VC Performance Epoxy has no antifouling or foul release properties.
Not for sale in California and in States where prohibited by law.
- Type: Two-part white epoxy with Teflon®
- Recommended Usage: Dry-stored or trailerable boats; gel coat, epoxy, or metal hulls; racing boats
- Additives: Teflon®
- Number of Coats Recommended: Three/four, as needed
- Coverage: 50sq.ft./qt.; 200sq.ft./gal.
- Drying Time: To touch: 2 to 3 hrs.; overcoating: window of between 4-6 and 24 hrs.; to launch: 3 to 7 days
- Thinner: Interlux 2316N, Model 198598; Interlux 2333N, Model 198606
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
Comments about VC Performance Epoxy with Teflon:
Haven't launched the boat yet with the new paint so I can't speak to its durability. However, I used this product instead of traditional bottom paint at the recommendation of my local boat yard since I trailer my boat and don't leave it in the water. Applied with a spray gun, no thinning was required and went on beautifully. Appears great and expect it to be the perfect paint for the bottom of a ocean trailer boat.