The Strongarm features a brawny 30" boom that's crafted in heavy-wall 1 1/4"dia. stainless steel for hefting as much as you want to crank. With an automatic disk brake and positive locking slip clutch control, the large-capacity horizontal spool offers safe, struggle-free control of 200' of stainless cable. The Strongarm also includes a deluxe line release, tilt-up base and extension leverage handle. Excellent for the intermediate size boat.
- Lead weight sold separately
- Fully adjustable descent speed - 5 ft/min to over 300 ft/min 30" long, 1 1/4" diameter stainless steel boom
- 200 ft. of premium 150 lb. stainless steel downrigger cable
- An automatic brake with the most disk brake surface on the market
- In the event of a bottom hang-up, it will pay-out to avoid losing gear
- Tilt-Up Feature: All Scotty downriggers include the No. 1023 Tilt-Up Mounting Bracket, which enables the unit to be tilted and locked in the upright position
- Dimensions: 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- Bolting Dimensions: 3 3/4" x 1 5/8"
- A high speed two feet per turn spool coupled with the extra leverage extension handle makes cranking a breeze
- Adjustable boom-mounted rod holder
- Spray-protected, positive-drive depth counter
- Included equipment: Scotty Power Grip Plus Line Release, Downrigger fishing instruction booklet
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.