Universal primer for underwater metal surfaces including steel and aluminum hulls and underwater running gear provides a barrier to reduce pitting of metal from galvanic corrosion. Use as a primer for antifouling paint over sanded fiberglass, wood or over an unknown antifouling paint.
- Primary Usage: Underwater metal surfaces
- Formulation: Anti-corrosive underwater metal primer
- Applies Over: Bare steel, aluminum, bare or previously painted fiberglass
- Drying Time: To touch: 1 to 3 hrs.; To overcoat: 3 to 8 hrs.
- Number of Coats Recommended: Three/four
- Thinner: 216, Model 117598
- Coverage: Brush: 52sq.ft/qt, 210sq.ft/gal; Spray: 42sq.ft/qt, 170sq.ft/gal.
- Color: Gray
- Quart or gallon
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.