This highly sophisticated design is outstanding for long distance communications. Extra rugged for salt water durability, and stability in rough seas. Surprisingly light weight.
- Phased 1/2 wave elements in a collinear array with choking sleeve to suppress cable radiation.
- Brass and copper elements.
- Stainless steel ferrule with standard 1"-14 thread
- Includes 20' RG-8X cable and a PL-259 connector.
- Two sections: Base 105", Tip 105" UPS/FEDX Shippable
- 9 dB gain
- SWR: nominally 1.5:1 at 156.8 MHz
- Bandwidth: 3 MHz within 2.0:1 VSWR
- Frequency: VHF Marine Band
- Max. Power Input: 150 watts
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.