Light, strong and tested tough, these aluminum tanks are the choice of many boat manufacturers. Built to meet the rigorous standards of the US Coast Guard as well as the NMMA. RDS fuel tanks are built of 5052 aluminum alloy and tested for their ability to retain pressure and withstand motion, impact and fire. Before welding, all aluminum parts are bathed in acid to eliminate any contamination that might weaken a weld or create the potential for leakage.
- Side corners are radius bent, not welded
- All Tanks-have 1/4" NPT pickup, 1 1/2" fill, 5/8" vent fitting and 3/8" return for diesel
- Add 3" to height for fittings
- Gasoline only—no return fitting for diesel fuel
- Above-Deck Tanks have vented caps with gauge units
- Below-Deck Tanks have electrical sending units & removable vent plugs
- Dimensions: 48 1/2"L x 20"W
- Bottom chine: 4" W
- Front end: 11" H
- Back end: 8 1/4" H
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.