The DrySeal features a compact, economical lip seal design that can be installed quickly and easily. As in all Lasdrop seals, the unit incorporates a cutlass bearing in the housing to keep the unit properly aligned with the shaft.
The DrySeal has an optional back-up seal that if installed during the original time of installation can be installed without removing the unit or the shaft. Available in shaft sizes 3/4" to 8", accommodating any size stern tube up to 10-1/2" in diameter. Metric sizes available. Also an excellent rudder shaft seal.
- Seal housing constructed of a durable copolymer with built in cutlass bearing ensuring proper alignment to the shaft.
- Self-adjusting marine grade inner lip seal.
- Optional Back-up seal rotates with the shaft until replacement is needed.
- Solid Brass hose barbs.
- AWAB hose clamps are 316 stainless steel, manufactured with indentations rather than perforations, providing twice the tensile strength and eliminating friction as in regular clamps.
- Split-Faceplate makes it easy to replace seal without special tools.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.