In addition to the vast expanse of the sparkling Atlantic Ocean and Long Island Sound, the numerous inlets, bays and harbors surrounding Long Island are well known for exceptional fishing. Fluke, striped bass and bluefish are but a few of the fish available in this popular area.
Featured Species: Black Sea Bass, Bluefish, Flounder (Fluke), Scup, Striped Bass, Tautog, Weakfish and Winter Flounder
- Tips and Techniques for Featured Species
- GPS Information
- 23 Access Locations Indicated
- 37 Proven Fishing Areas Marked
- Area Marina Information
- Artificial Reefs Indicated with GPS (if applicable)
- Covers coast between Montauk, NY, and Madison, CT
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.