XC Battery Chargers provide longer battery life by independently controlling the charge profile for each battery bank. The XC is the first "smart" charger that can charge up to 3 different battery chemistries simultaneously, a microprocessor-controlled multi-stage charger with settings for flooded, gel, AGM, lead-calcium or custom battery types. This unique multiplex design means that boaters can choose the optimal battery type for each application on their boat without concern about battery damage from either under- or overcharging.
Designed for marine use, they are versatile enough to be used in a wide variety of conditions and locations. Auto-ranging AC input voltage capability (100–260VAC) makes traveling abroad and handling poor quality power a breeze. The easy-to-read digital display is invertible to accommodate either horizontal or vertical installations, and can be detached and mounted wherever needed. An optional intelligent shunt provides a simple "fuel gauge" capability that displays amp-hours consumed from a selected battery bank. Includes battery equalization setting and independent temperature compensation for each bank, unique drip-proof design. Can charge "dead" batteries with voltage below 6V. 4-1/4" x 9-5/8" x 14-3/4".
- Number of Outputs: Three
- Automatic Functions: Smart multi-stage charging and temp. sensing
- User Selectable Functions: 2 stage, 3 stage, or custom charging, AGM, PBCa Gel, or flooded battery type on any channel
- Status Indicators: Charger status/ charge current lights
- Temperature Compensation: 3 independent channels (one sensor included, additional sensors required)
- Input Wiring: M6 Studs
- Output Wiring: Hardwire
- Safety Features: Fuse-less reverse polarity protection, ignition protection, over-voltage/over-temp
- Remote Available: Invertible/detachable digital remote panel included
- Approvals: Meets CSA 107.2, UL 1564, UL 1236 including Marine Supplement, Ignition Protection, EMC FCC Class B, CE
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.