State of the art display and control functions and advanced SimNet networking make the all new AP28 the perfect autopilot for larger power and sailboats. The AP28 control unit features a large intuitive LCD display, giving access to a raft of features and performance options. The all new AP24 combines space-saving design with state-of-the-art auto steering, making it the perfect choice when space is at a premium. A Simrad autopilot is the perfect match for the IS20 instrument range, and the SimNet network will give you access to the range of advanced features you would expect from a state-of-the-art pilot. Both pilots include:
- Complete set of Turn Patterns including Depth Contour Tracking, programmable S-turn, Zigzag, Continuous turn, Square patterns and many more
- Improved steering algorithms: full Rate of Turn control provides smooth and precise turns in any condition and improves tack and gybe performance on sailboats
- No Drift Course: Maintain set Course over Ground even in severe wind and current conditions
- Installation & Integration: Two new autopilot computers provide substantially more drive current than previous generations and incorporate new SimNet plug and play sensor technology
- Virtual Rudder Feedback: No rudder feedback unit is needed for outboards and stern drive boats
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.