Digital Signal Processing increases average talk power and provides super-clear reception
Digital SSB with remote-able control head offers Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to increase average talk power and provide super-clear reception. Class E Digital Selective Calling provides reliable emergency communications. 32-bit floating DSP unit filters out noise. A full keypad, over 1300 channels, wide band RX, Ham band TX and RX included, one-touch e-mail access (an SSB first!) with no optional filters required, front panel headset jack and many more unique features make this ICOM’s most advanced SSB ever.
- Channels: 1355 total; 160 programmable, 662 ITU voice/data
- Frequency: Receive 0.5 - 30MHz,
- Transmit 1.6 - 27.5MHz Transmit Power: 20/60/150W
- Material: Cast aluminum chassis
- Display Type: Backlit, dot matrix LCD
- Lighting: 10-level adjustable backlighting
- Controls: Remote control head, rotary knobs, backlit pushbuttons and spring-loaded distress cover
- Tuner: Optional automatic AT-140
- Interfacing: RS-232C port (Modem, GPS, NMEA 0183 input), DSC and headphone jack
- Audio Output: 4.0 W
- Dimensions: Main Unit: 9 7/16" x 3 11/16" x 9 3/8", Controller: 8 21/32" x 4 11/32" x 3 5/16", Speaker: 4 11/32" x 4 11/32" x 3 5/16"
- Weight: Main unit: 10.3 lbs., Controller: 1.26 lbs., Speaker: 0.8 lbs.
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Signal
- Dsc Links Into Mdss
- Easy To Program
- Easy To Use
- Good Audio
- Has Dsc - Max Safety
- Long Range Comms
- Simple Controls
- Use On Marine Ham
- Blue Water Cruising
- Safety At Sea
Comments about M802 Single Side Band Radio:
The Icom IC M802 is a very powerful radio. It combines all the Marine capabilities with the ability to also be used within the Ham Bands. The additional capability of Digital Selective Calling (DSC) allows cruisers to easily contact cruisers and in an emergency, contact commercial vessels and SAR stations ashore with a single button push. The M802 will actuall call out on six digital/international frequencies to get help. Best value and much easier to use for all cruisers.
- Primary use: