- Formulation: One-part polyether adhesive/sealant
- Recommended Usage: Fiberglass, wood, metal, some plastics
- Cure Time: Tack-free: 2 hrs.; Complete cure: 24 hrs.
- Clean Up: Mineral spirits or kerosene
- Removal: Mechanical removal
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Quick Fix
Comments about 4000 UV Polyether Adhesive Sealant:
My application has been to seal the inner tube on an old HBI inflatable dinghy. The inner tube is a clear poly bag. Its very old and leaks too often. I've patched pin holes and recently 1/8 inch cuts. All with success. This year I'm coating the entire surface, to do that I've thinned the 4000 with turpentine and tested it on samples. It holds very well but dries slower. These inner tubes get wet as sea water seeps into the unit, its normal.