Meets the strict environmental requirements for survival craft radio The IC-GM1600 meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the IC-GM1600 retains 1m depth waterproof construction as specified by IMO resolutions A.809(19), A.694(17), MSC149(77) and related specifications.
- Optional high capacity Lithium battery, BP-234, has superior low
Provides more than 8 hours operating time even at -20°C
(Duty cycle: Tx: Rx: Stand-by = 6: 6: 48)
- Large keypad with positive button action
- Wide viewing angle LCD display
- Other features
- One touch access to Channel 16 and call channel
- Highly visible yellow colored body
- Bright LED indicator on the top of panel
- Optional VOX headset for on-board use
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.