Available in 8-inch and 12-inch versions, the new Simrad NSE multifunction display brings professional-grade navigation electronics to the leisure and light commercial user.
Built to withstand the toughest conditions, the Simrad NSE8 is a stunningly fast, full-function chartplotter right out of the box, supplied pre-loaded with Navionics Platinum (ex-USA) or HD Insight (USA only) cartography. But that's just the beginning, as the Simrad NSE8 offers owners the opportunity to add over time a wide range of modules and transducers that will extend its capabilities to include functioning as a best-in-class echo sounder / fishfinder, radar display (both HD and broadband), AIS transceiver, autopilot control, engine performance display and much more, all accessible from a single screen (additional screens can be added as required) and displayed in the format and combination of your choice. And it's all easy to install thanks to its SimNet / NMEA2000 compatibility - just plug in the new unit and the NSE will recognise and configure it automatically.
Key features - Simrad NSE8:
- Pre-loaded Navionics Platinum charts (Insight HD for the Americas) plus super-fast chart redraw for seamless navigation even at high speeds
- Simple controls even for the first-time user, with an all-new alphanumeric keypad, rotary controller and direct access keys
- Fully compatible with the revolutionary broadband sounder / fishfinder BSM-1 module
- Build your own network of state-of-the art Simrad navigation technology for professional-grade performance; just plug in broadband or HD radar, best-in-class autopilots, AIS and more to create an integrated navigation station
- Rugged aluminium construction for the most challenging conditions and environments
- Very high resolution screen and super-bright LED backlighting, yet 60% lower power consumption
- The advances in performance and capabilities are the result of the use of a range of sophisticated components and manufacturing techniques
- The adoption of aspects of the acclaimed Northstar user interface
- High-brightness bonded screens with LED backlight technology
- An 80GB hard drive for the cartography together with a 1.6 GHz CPU for ultra-fast chart redraw
- SVGA in the 8-inch version
Suggested systems: The Simrad NSE will appeal to owners of motorboats from 25-40ft and sailboats of 30-60ft plus light commercial craft looking for a tough and adaptable multifunction navigation system that works straight out of the box.
What’s in the box:
- NSE 8" unit
- Power cable
- Video / comms cable
- Snap-on front bezel
- Mounting gasket
- Sun cover - Screen cleaning cloth
- Yoke mount
- Connector caps (set of seven)
- Document wallet with manuals
- Bracket mount knobs and washers, screws
- Cut-out template Mounting bracket, gasket and fittings, plus a power cable, video comms cable, connector caps, sun cover and instruction manuals
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.