This ultra-compact and stylish 406 MHz EPIRB comes with a built-in high-accuracy GPS for enhanced position location, and a user-replaceable battery. The SafeLink EPIRB range offers two models: manual deployment bracket, and an automatic deployment housing which also includes a hydrostatic release unit. The SafeLink EPIRB is designed to operate with the COSPAS-SARSAT international search and rescue system. The unit can be activated automatically by immersion in water, or manually by following the activation instructions printed on the unit. The built-in GPS receiver ensures that an accurate position of an emergency is relayed to the rescue services. This improves the speed of recovery by updating the position of the beacon at regular intervals.
- Frequency: 406.037MHz with 121.5MHz homing signal
- Battery Type: Non-hazardous Lithium battery pack
- Battery Life: 6 year replacement interval, 48 hour operational life
- Strobe: Super LED, 23 flashes per minute
- GPS: Integrated 20-channel receiver
- Activation Method: Category I and Category II Manual Release
- Dimensions: 9 13/16"H x 4 5/16"W x 3 5/8"D
- Waterproof: To 33'
- Weight: 1lb.7oz.
- Warranty: Five years
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.