Pre-programming is required.
The MA500TR is a complete nav-plus-com station, a compact, waterproof Class B AIS transponder that actively notifies other vessels of your exact position. The MA500TR also has a dual channel receiver, providing AIS information (both Class A and Class B AIS signals) on two channels simultaneously. Information is displayed on its large, backlit full dot-matrix screen, giving real-time vessel traffic information for navigation and collision avoidance. MA500TR’s compact size means that it can be installed in a convenient place near the chart table, in the wheelhouse, on the flybridge or a pedestal in the cockpit. Featuring large, easy-to-use, backlit buttons that make it easy to operate even in tough conditions, the MA500TR can be integrated with 2011 DSC-compliant versions of the IC-M504 or IC-M604. When networked with either of these radios, one touch of the MA500TR’s DSC button allows you to transmit DSC individual calls to a selected vessel instantly without manual MMSI entry; very handy in an emergency or for simply contacting nearby friends. Key collision-risk management functions simplify AIS operation: MA500TR identifies a target list (those in a local area), dangerous list (those you could potentially collide with) and what the closest point of approach is. A collision alarm with external alarm connection gives extra warning of potential impact. Available March 2011.
- AIS Type: Class B
- Display Type: Full dot matrix LCD
- Alarms: Collision alarm with external alarm connection to external audio equipment on the deck or tower
- Power Consumption: Tx: 1.5A, Rx: 0.7A NMEA Interface: Three lines of
- NMEA 0183 Input/Output
- Dimensions: 6 1/2"W x 4 3/8"H x 4 15/16"D
- Compatible VHF Radios: Compatible new versions of M604 and M504
- Included Equipment: Mounting bracket kits, GPS receiver with 10m cable, DC power cable, NMEA connector cable
- Waterproof: Rated IPX7 submersible
- Warranty: One year