The Sunforce 50 Amp Pro Series Charge Controller provides faster and more efficient charging while increasing the life span of your 12V batteries. Preventing the overcharge of 12 Volt batteries, this controller is the ideal source of protection of your solar panels and batteries. The deep discharge protection function of this unit has acoustic warnings and a built-in low-voltage disconnect that help prevent your batteries from overcharging. This product has temperature compensation and reverse polarity protection. Its PWM (pulse width modulation) charging functions include boost, float and absorption charging for more efficient solar power systems. The LCD display shows charge states in a clear bar-graph format. This product handles up to 750 watts of solar power. A charge controller is an essential part of nearly all power systems that charge batteries. Its purpose is to keep your batteries properly fed and safe for the long-term.
• Prevents overcharging of 12V batteries
• Battery state-of-charge display LCD charge and discharge status
• Acoustic load disconnect pre-warning
• Load status indication
• Deep discharge protection
• Choose between five load disconnect algorithms
• Boost/absorption/float PWM-regulation (series type)
• Integrated temperature compensation
• Covered terminals (up to 16mm 2 wire size)
• Full solid-state protection
Dimensions: 3.5"L x 3.5"W x 1.5H
Weight: 2 lbs
Warranty: 2 year limited
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.