SnapFurl systems come in two sizes to accommodate boats 16' to 24' and boats 24' to 28' and represents the latest in quality Schaefer design and engineering. SnapFurl is simple to install and offers many of the features employed in Schaefer's larger head-sail furling systems, including double open Torlon® ball bearing races for smooth, effortless operation. The efficient Round Geon PVC foil snaps quickly and easily around your boat's existing headstay without the need for special tools or modifications to the rig. SnapFurl makes it easy to be sailing in no time. System SnapFurl CF-500 for Boats 16' to 24' (4.9 - 8.5m) Schaefer's smallest over-the-headstay systems utilize Torlon® bearing races, composite-reinforced injection molded torque tube and two-piece snap together interlocking high-grade PVC extrusions. Long fiber reinforced injection molded components make SnapFurl CF 500 unique. Light weight, high strength and smooth operation makes SnapFurl ideal for trailerable boats. Installation is a snap. Fits headstay wire from 1/8" to 3/16"dia., and clevis pins from 3/16" to 7/16"dia. Uses #5 luff tape. Max. headstay: 31.1"L (9.5m). Furling line size: 1/4". May be shipped via UPS. System SnapFurl CF-700 for Boats 24' to 28'(7.3-8.5m) The larger SnapFurl uses the snap over-the-headstay, interlocking extrusion system. It requires no headstay modifications. Schaefer quality engineering utilizes Torlon® bearings, CNC-machined aluminum torque tube, drum and upper swivel. Overall system: 38'L (11.6m). Maximum headstay: 7/32". Sail luff tape: #6 of 3/16". Furling line size: 5/16". May be shipped via UPS.
- Ball Bearings: 3/8" Torlon® ball bearings in dual-race upper swivel. 1/4" Torlon® ball bearings in dual-race drum
- Drum Diameter: Open 2" dia. (CF-500); 3" dia. (CF-700) Features: Stainless sail feeder with captive fasteners
- Headstay: CF-500 - Fits 1/8", 5/32", 3/16"; CF-700 - 5/32" - 7/32". No headstay modifications needed
- Headstay Extrusion: single groove, two-piece interlocking "Geon" PVC
- Both furling and reefing capabilities
- Elegant stainless steel feeder with captive fasteners
- Open drum design with stainless cage
- Five year warranty
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.