The ultimate tool for kayak fishermen or any paddler who wants to keep moving while they take a rest this motor installs easily to any rigid kayak. Sold as a complete package, the system includes a throttle/gear shift, "kick up" mount, ultra-quiet, efficient motor and a GPS housed with the 29.6V, 8Ah lithium-manganese battery. With a data feed from the GPS, the throttle/gear shift includes a digital display for battery state of charge, remaining range, speed and current input power. Capable of powering a kayak for up to seven hours at 2.5mph, this set-up works great for trolling or holding a position in windy conditions. It is also a great choice for ocean kayakers who want a reserve motor for safety reasons or for family kayakers who like to paddle, but who also appreciate the convenience
- Application: For hardshell kayak installation
- Watts: Input power: 400W; Output power: >180W
- Static Thrust: 33lb.
- Battery Type: 8Ah lithium-manganese
- Battery Life: Up to 7 hours, depending on speed and conditions
- Propeller: 8"dia. x 8 pitch
- Steering: Can be static mounted (steer with kayak rudder); Can be connected to rudder cables
- Gearing: Continously variable forward/neutral/reverse
- Weight: 16lb.
The West Advisor
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.